Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quintessential Love...




Why do you ask me to adore you,

Clasping your fingers around the wrist

Of my frail hands, that has lost its strength?

You know better, you could entice a stronger

Lover than me, more charming and suave,

If you wish, and be with him for eternity.


My heart has melted out already and

I don’t have much to offer you, to fulfill

Your needs, as you fancy in your dreams.

Then why did you come to me from that

Faraway place, seeking only me?

I have not kept anything saved for you,

In the languor of my forgetfulness.

I have always been reminding myself,

That you are there in the faraway place

Keeping vigil to approach me one day,

And I knew you will come any day, seeking me

And embrace me in your love for me.


While I went out strolling around, in the pale

Moonlight through the darkened alleys,

I used to tell myself about your coming one day.

But Oh! DEATH, I never even wished it should

Be this moment that you chose to come;

Seeking me to take me away to your abode….

No comments: