Friday, August 3, 2012

MENDING YOU....



Align Center Mending you…
You rang me up on that day, but
I did not answer; yet I know
It was your call; I heard you whisper
My name, in your heart.
I heard what all you had there
Though, you failed to tell me those words.
I did not touch your hand.
Yet, my fingers were wiping
Those tears laden eyelids.
I did not kiss your cheeks
Yet my lips were blotting from your
Sweet face, the dampness.
I did not call your name.
I did not wipe your tears.
Yet, in my dream, I was with you.
I saw you laughing, amid those tears
I heard you cracking jokes amid your sobs
I kept your head on my shoulders
I tried to calm you patting your back.
The scorching memories of yester years
Turned you into a weeping willow
In the incessant rain; and you
Waiting for the clouds to roll by
And the sunshine, to dry you up.
You wanted to tell me your woes,
Unforgotten plea and complaints
I heard them all, and believed them
It related to your past life!
I tried to smother it with the balm of my love
Yet, you deflected it with your derision and whims.
I don’t know how to fortify your fortitude.
I don’t know how to regain your tranquility.
I don’t know how to splatter a smile in you,
And a rainbow, in your woeful mind.

No comments: