Tuesday, February 22, 2011

AS IN THE MIRROR





The dazzling glowing image in the eyes

As in a mirror, I saw you, my eye

Of my eyes, that providential day.

Why did you, my beautiful, cast a glance

At me, and me not knowing it?

Mind is blossoming as a jasmine vine,

With all starry white flowers, timidly

Opening its eyes, emanating the sweet scent

That awakens the morbid spirit.

Then with the dewdrops adorned an anklet.

And I hear a celestial music wafting into my ears

That of your sitar softly humming a melody,

Blended with the splendor of the rainbow.

Your heart is quivering with swallowed words

You have forgotten to enunciate, in your frenzy

When your glance met mine midway betwixt us.

My Angel Pearl, I will festoon my head with

A string of those pearls and keep you as a mole

In my bosom, caressing your undulating breast.

I wish if I could become a bead in your rosary,

Always being fondled by your fingers in reverie.

Your heart is a tendril entwined on my body that

Has forgotten to soothe you, in your apprehension.

Why did you initially cast a glance at me and

Entice me, embedding your soul inside mine.

No comments: