Friday, November 14, 2014

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS!



I hate highbrows and hypocrites.
But love white cladded maidens
On their way to church, on a Sunday.




I like fast Cars and fast drivers;
But hate to travel in a public transport bus;
And travel to the end of the world with a companion
Who shares the same interest with me.


I like to eat the lunch from a pack
Bound in banana leaf, with curd and lime pickle
On top of cooked rice and French fried potato in coconut oil;
Walk through lush green paddy fields
In the morning sun and a chilling breeze.






Listen to love songs of yester years,
Brimming with innocent and vibrant love.
Read space and science fictions
And spy thrillers and crime stories.

I like those who dislike me,
Like Remya, who nailed me on the cross,
And pray “Father, she knows not what
She is doing; forgive her trespass.”






 Kunjubi

No comments: