Thursday, August 8, 2013

A MIGRATORY BIRD









I wish if the lamp could  extend its wick a little

 more

To brighten  and give a little more light

Just to ward off  the darkness that pervade

Masking the mind ,from disintegrating.

And tranquilise my weary dreams collapsing

In the alleys of the merciful darkness.

You have come to the rain sodden nest

Of my heart , without me knowing it

And roosted there like the migrating bird.

You went away without telling me

At a most delicate and subtle moment

On a day that was filled with ecstasy

And inexplicable felicity beaming around.

Do you feel the quivering  of a painful feather

On one of your splendored wings now?

Like a glistening dandy pearl resting in the mist


That is blotted away by the morning daylight,

You diffuse as an ache from a sore wound

On the  walls of my soul from that desolate 
moment.

A dolorous and despondent melancholy 

permeates….


No comments: