Friday, December 23, 2011

MY EMPTY CAGE





You were the one who soothed

My scorched feet

Walking on the embers on

The rugged path of life.


The giant tree spreading

Its branches of ceaseless love

Giving shelter and shade

In the arid summer ;

That very tree has now uprooted

In the twister, and the branches

Burned out to ashes ,

And has lost to the world.


Helpless I go on my

Lonely wandering

Through the dark tunnels

Of my unknown future.


My beloved skylark,

You have flown away, breaking

The bars of the cage, which was my love .

The music of your fluttering wings


Also have melted into the firmament.

You will never comeback to this

Nest of my love- into this empty cage!


This cursed life…..


I saved only one thing!

The plumes of splendor, you have

Shed in the empty cage you have left.........

No comments: