Sunday, July 12, 2009

Unknown finale…






I tied up a swing, with the shattered threads
Of my dreams, high up on the branches
Of a tree, that I tended and watered,
With the tears flowing out of my dismal solitude;
Nourishing it to grow up and spread out,
In the far away shores of the sea of time,
In the silent valley of death, and oblivion.

I waited for my soul mate to join me,
Under the bluish light of the twinkling stars,
Keeping my heart in my eyelids for her.
I could not hear the flutter of time flying away
Over my vigil, unnoticed, in my consternation.

Cry now; cry till your heart bursts.
Hide in a place, where no one can notice you;
Lonely, and aloof from everyone.
Why did you attempt to awaken the
Strings of music, touching it with
Your delicate fingertips, without
The accent of the all powerful destiny?
Why did you try to kindle the desires, without
Knowing the finale of the story beforehand?

No comments: